PBS39 relies on the effort of our volunteers to help with many operations that keep us providing the best service possible to our viewers. If you’re interested in volunteering your time and talents to help the station, we’d love to be able add you to our team. We will help you match your skills to our needs, and never ask you to do more than you’re comfortable doing.
So, why Volunteer?
You may have already asked yourself why you would want to volunteer with PBS39. There are benefits, such as:
- The chance to explore and learn about PBS39 and what we do from behind the scenes
- Meet other volunteers, and network with PBS39’s staff
- Potentially gain beneficial skills and share your workplace and life experiences on behalf of our mission of service
- Help extend the impact of our programming and services into the community
- Be connected to PBS39 throughout the year
- Receive volunteer perks
The kind of folks we’re looking for in a volunteer generally exhibit the following traits:
- They have a high energy level and a positive attitude
- A passion for public television and the mission of public media
- Great people skills and/or customer service skills
- A strong desire to learn
- The willingness to commit their time with us
- Are OK with flexible times to volunteer: Our commitment to the community is year-‘round, so we’re sure to be able to find you a time to work with us that works for you.
- Age 18 and up (Those applying to be a volunteer with PBS39 and who are under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and must have the permission of a parent or guardian to apply)
- Have a sense of adventure and enjoy trying new things
What is expected of a PBS39 Volunteer
PBS39’s volunteer program welcomes individuals and groups on a regular or “as needed” basis for administrative work, special projects and special events. Volunteers must be professional, courteous and be able to perform assigned tasks.
All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Any volunteers under the age of 18 must have prior approval by supervising staff and the permission and/or supervision of a parent or guardian for all volunteer opportunities.
Among some of the duties that PBS39 Volunteers perform are, but not limited to:
- Being a PBS39 Ambassador at station events
- Helping PBS39’s Education Outreach department
- Folding and stuffing direct mail envelopes
- Answering phones during on-air pledge drives
- Helping with incoming mail and general office tasks
- Completing thank-you phone calls to members
Sign Up Process
The sign up process is easy. If you’re interested in volunteering with PBS39, click here to complete our online application.
If you’d rather fill out a paper form, click here to download our Volunteer Application and mail it to:
2501 East Coliseum Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46805-1562
Orientation and Training
We train our volunteers at different levels for the different things they wish to help with. Once your application has been approved, you’ll be contacted by PBS39 to attend a basic training and orientation session with us. This training then qualifies you to become a PBS39 Ambassador. From there, you’ll be able to begin your volunteer service with PBS in an area you’d like to contribute your time and talents to.
If you have any questions about what you may be asked to do as a PBS39 volunteer or the sign-up process, please contact us…
By email at email@example.com
or by phone at 260.484.8839