PBS39 is seeking a Part-Time Master Control Operator.
The primary duties of the Master Control Operator are to monitor transmitter operation and performance in accordance with station procedures manual and FCC requirements; and
- Perform on-air program switching within master control and overall on-air supervision of automated master control system;
- Monitor all broadcasts for appropriate audio levels and visual clarity, make adjustments as required, and/or advise supervisor of deviations.
Other required responsibilities include:
- Maintaining station broadcast operations through variations in scheduling and technical difficulties;
- Noting deviations or technical difficulties during scheduled programming and satellite feeds;
- Importing and exporting elements such as promotional spots, underwriter credits, station identification and public service announcements, with proficiency;
- Record programs from satellite feeds and make dubs of pre-existing programs as requested by the production and programming department.
Additional duties include some on-line editing; retrieval and replacement of tapes as needed; assisting production crew for local productions as needed; producing station ID/Line-ups; and performing other duties as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The successful candidate should have hands-on work experience in a broadcast or cable setting; be proficient and comfortable in a computer-centric environment, a pleasant personality, neat appearance, and the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with the public and peers in person and in written form with solid spelling/grammar/punctuation.
Additionally, punctuality and dependability are essential to this position. Must be also be a team player; willing to work holidays as necessary; and able to sit for long periods of time, while remaining focused and able to respond quickly to broadcast-related situations as they occur.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position. The ability to work evening and weekend hours is required. Please note that PBS39 makes a strong effort to fill job openings by considering the qualifications, background, experience, and employment record of each individual applicant.
To express interest in this position, please direct your resume to:
Candidates of interest will be contacted.
PBS39 is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates without regard for race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, or military status.