PBS39 seeks to grow philanthropic support for station programs and initiatives. This part-time position works with the Director of Individual Giving and the General Manager to help identify, cultivate, solicit and steward gifts for PBS39’s present and future public service. The qualified candidate will assist in the development and implementation of strategies that cultivate relationships and encourage contributions through PBS39’s donor programs. The Donor Relations Manager reports to the General Manager.
- Manages a portfolio of prospects, fostering relationships that support station operations and its strategic goals.
- Engages and educates donors about giving opportunities.
- Works to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward top donors in a coordinated effort to maximize membership, major gifts, and planned giving objectives.
- Deepens relationships with current planned and major donors.
- Writes individual proposals in support of solicitations of major and planned gifts.
- Serves as an ambassador for PBS39 in the community.
- Helps prepare collateral materials and communications for PBS39’s planned giving program.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven fundraising track record.
- Proven leadership in campaign fundraising and project management.
- Knowledge and experience in researching and analyzing data to identify planned giving prospects.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to use discretion when handling and communicating sensitive information.
- Ability to travel locally.
- May require some evening and weekend hours for meetings and events.
Compensation and benefits:
Compensation will be based on experience and qualification; the candidate will be eligible for benefits if they work 30 hours or more a week.
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Managed time off
- Life & accidental death/dismemberment insurance
- Short-term disability
PBS39 is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates without regard for race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, or military status. Candidates of interest will be contacted.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To Apply for the Donor Relations Manager Position, contact PBS39 via:
2501 East Coliseum Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46805-1562